It's Memorial Day

This is going to be a short post because, this year, I'm grateful to be able to spend this holiday with my Marine, so I don't want to spend it blogging. 


I do want everyone to remember the real reason why we have a long weekend: Those service members who gave all for this great place we call our home. 


I'm not going to judge how one spends this holiday, whether it be attending a parade, a somber ceremony, a BBQ, or a day at the beach (which I might be doing if it wasn't thunder-storming and if I wasn't burnt to a crisp), because people celebrate the lives of those passed in many different ways. I think those that gave their lives for this country would want us to celebrate their lives and the things they did. Just remember, however you celebrate it, do it with a sense of gratefulness and remembrance. 


Being the wife of a Marine isn't easy... The life of the Marine I'm married to is even harder. But it's something he is proud of... and something I am incredibly proud of. At some point in my husband's life, he decided to give himself for the greater good, even with the potential risks that come with his job. 


Be sure to remember those that have given all on this day. 


Be sure to remember the families of those that gave all on this day, as well; the ones left behind. 


Semper Fi. 


Happy Memorial Day.


And yes, happy. Because without the ones who have made the ultimate sacrifice, we could not be happy... and free. Thank you all.


"Thanksgiving is a day to be thankful for what we have,
Memorial Day is a day to be thankful for those who died for what we have"
Thank you Mrs. P for the quote. 

Comments

Popular Posts