We overnighted an application and a 30 dollar mail order to the real estate company.
Today we get a call that the house will not, in fact, be ready on September 15th like the tenants (the tenants are buying a new house, and while they have been posting all the ads, have been directing us to their REA) were telling us. The house is also not 1,000 dollars a month like the ads have been telling us.
The house will be ready on the 27th and it's 1,100 a month.
That's all well and good, but The Husband CHECKS IN to his unit on the 22nd and is planning on showing up to New River well before that. His truck is big, but it wouldn't be nice to sleep in for twelve days.
We also haven't been able to actually speak to the actual real estate agent handling the house at all, which is fabulous.
So we're saying "thanks, but no thanks" tomorrow, and continuing on our search. The Husband is going to look into possible geo bachelor housing on New River until December when I can get out there and then we'll move and if that isn't possible/available, then we'll just get an apartment. I think we'll try to get on the housing list as well, but that list is outrageous. The wait is between 6-8 months for one community and 8-10 for another. I guess that's what happens when you open it up to reservists and DoD civilians (which, btw, is probably a BAD idea when you have such a long wait list, but that's just my opinion).
I'm glad I didn't toss the apartment list out because now it's back to square one.