Stage 2: Initiated

The Husband has set out for North Carolina.


I don't like it. Not one bit. 


The long distance marriage thing wasn't that great while he was in 29 Palms, but hey, it was 2 and a half hours away and I saw him on weekends. Not too bad. 


Now he's 5 hours by plane away. Even worse. 


It's also very weird to not be associated with his former unit any longer. I'm still getting emails from the FRO because even though The Husband checked out with her (because he's required to get her to sign off on his check out paperwork since he's married), she's still sending me information. The guys are deploying soon and it's so odd to think that he's not going with them. I don't have to think about deployment dates, care packages, and homecoming banners... Not for a while anyway. 


The whole day was a bit surreal. I've been through deployments with him and boot camp and training, but this was different. 


Watching my husband and pretty much all of our stuff drive off was odd. Him setting up our apartment without me (only a little, he is trying to save as much of that as possible for when I'm there for Christmas), is odd. Knowing he won't be back this Friday... or next Friday... or the Friday after that, is odd. 

I really don't like it. I'm feeling very out of my comfort zone and very out of control.



That's probably a bit dramatic, but I'm not really sure how else to describe it. I was not prepared for this. I was not ready to get a phone call saying that he got PCS orders, to set up an apartment from the opposite coast... to watch my husband start a new chapter in our lives... Alone. 


I'm just so frustrated with all of this. 


This wasn't how it was supposed to be. And I know things don't always work out in your favor, but for once, I would like something to work out in our favor. Something. 


I hope tomorrow is a better day. 

Comments

  1. I can't even imagine! I'm so, so sorry! If you ever need anything, not that I could help much, but definitely let me know. I'll be reading to keep updated, othewise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really sorry girl, there obviously isn't much I can say to you, but I think you should be really proud of yourself for how much you're accomplishing back home. Distance is never easy, but I know you can get through this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soon enough you will be done with school and the long distance part will be over. I'm sorry. I can't imagine what you're going through. But you are strong and you and your marriage have survived longer and harder distances. And of course, if you ever need a weekend away, you know you have a place to stay with me ;).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! If it is rude or disrespectful, it will not be published. Sorry, I don't accept anonymous comments. It's the internet, people, it's anonymous enough!

Popular Posts