I much preferred hide and seek...

I was a terrible runner and therefore sucked at tag. But here I am...


My friend Brittany at TYD tagged me for this post and since I am a people pleaser, I will do what I am told.


Here's the rules.
  1. You must post these rules.
  2. Each per­son must post 11 things about them­selves on their blog.
  3. Answer the ques­tions the tag­ger set for you in their post and cre­ate 11 new ques­tions for the peo­ple you tag to answer.
  4. You have to choose 11 peo­ple to tag and link them on the post. Go to their page and tell them you have linked him or her.
  5. No tag backs and you legit­i­mately have to tag 11 people.
11 Facts About Myself
  1. I was born and raised in Las Vegas. People always assume that because of it, I am damaged, crazy, trashy, or a trouble maker. What they don't seem to realize is that locals don't care in the least about doing the typical "Vegas" things. We are all content to stay as far away from The Strip as possible. I was also very sheltered, so I'm sure that helped.
  2. I was baptized Greek Orthodox as a baby. My dad was Catholic. I grew up in a non-denominational Christian church. I guess you could say I was religiously confused and to this day, I still struggle with my own beliefs. 
  3. In the same vein, once upon a time, I wanted to be a youth pastor when I grew up. I had always imagined having a massive youth ministry and doing all sorts of cool things. I read all the books I could about being a youth pastor, looked into Christian colleges and universities and was dead set on doing so until I turned 19. Things obviously didn't go down that road... however, for reasons I'm not prepared to divulge here, I am thankful for that.
  4. I have a really irrational fear of grey aliens. Watching movies about aliens will give me nightmares and legit anxiety attacks. I believe it started when I was in pre-school. I've always been obsessed with watching the news and I remember this moment like it was yesterday, which is cray-cray because I couldn't have been older than 4. I was sitting in the living room waiting for my mom to finish getting ready for work so she could drop me off at pre-school when the news featured something about people believing aliens were abducting small children and livestock (lol). They showed a picture of an artist's rendering and it scarred me. Ever since then, I just can't deal. I've gotten better about it though, which is good. 
  5. I have a  bit of a self image problem. I've never seen myself in a positive light. In both terms of looks or personality. I have a few reasons why which will not be detailed here, but I'm working on it. 
  6. I want The Husband to go career. He does not want it. I will not force him to go career, but if he brings it up, I will definitely agree.
  7. I have an excessive collection of bikinis. It's ridiculous. I don't even think I've worn a few of them but I'm already planning on buying a new one for my trip this year. And as a matter of fact, I'm window shopping for some right now...
  8. I was diagnosed borderline diabetic in high school and placed on a sugar, carb, and starch free diet. The day I found out, my dad threw away all of my halloween candy (he was at the appointment the Dr. gave us the results at). A few months later at a follow up with my mom, the doctor said he had no idea wtf I was talking about because he never said that. And he suddenly couldn't find the the data on my chart showing that my blood glucose was at 3 times the normal limit. I was pissed. Because along with giving up all my favorite things, I gained almost 20 pounds because of my new diet. 
  9. I can drink an entire bottle of champagne by myself. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing...
  10. I can eat my weight in beef lo mein from Pei Wei. 
  11. I played soccer for two years, was in choir in junior high and high school, and varsity dance my senior year. 
Now it's time for Brittany's questions...
  1. If you could only read three books for the rest of your life, what would they be?: The Hunger Games series, hands down.
  2. What did you always want to be when you grew up?: A Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader and a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model... For real. As I mentioned above, I once wanted to be a youth pastor. At this point... I just want to be happy.
  3. Where is your most favorite place you've ever lived?: I can't pick. I've loved all of the places I've lived. 
  4. Do you volunteer? If so, where? If not, where would you if you had the time?: No, I don't. I would like to volunteer with the ASPCA or the family readiness program on base.
  5. If you could cameo on one television show, what would it be?: The Big Bang Theory.
  6. Were you ever a groupie? For what band?: I guess so. If you can be a Christian band groupie. The Newsboys. 
  7. Have you kept the resolutions you made on January 1? Some of them!
  8. How do you keep track of your busy schedule?: Well, I don't really have a busy schedule. When I did, I used a paper planner. 
  9. How much time do you spend getting ready every day?: About an hour to two. It depends on where I'm going.
  10. What is your favorite clothing store?: H&M, Forever 21, Banana Republic, and Louis Vuitton... 
  11. What is one thing you hope to accomplish by your next milestone birthday (30? 35? 40?)?: I think I want to run a half marathon. We'll see. 
Questions for you to answer:
  1. What was your first car?
  2. What did your prom dress look like?
  3. Favorite food? Is there a recipe?
  4. How many places have you traveled to?
  5. Guilty pleasure?
  6. What popular food do you not like?
  7. What time do you go to sleep every night?
  8. If you could trade places with anyone, who would you pick?
  9. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you pick?
  10. Favorite article of clothing?
  11. You have an unlimited supply of money, what do you do with it?
I'm tagging... 


Ashley over at A SoCal Story- She's a fellow military spouse and yes, her family really is that beautiful in person. 
Maria at a life to Bragg about- Another military spouse. I get a lot of my workout inspiration from her. 
Amber at Goodnight Moon- A fellow Marine wife (How about we all just assume they are military affiliated unless otherwise noted...?). One of my favorites!
Jennifer from Also Known As... the Wife- Yep. You know it. Check her out! 


And that's all I'm tagging. I don't know 11 people to tag.


Enjoy!

Comments

  1. I no longer support you buying a new bathing suit for your trip. /justsayin.

    I loved your lists :D.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! If it is rude or disrespectful, it will not be published. Sorry, I don't accept anonymous comments. It's the internet, people, it's anonymous enough!

Popular Posts